Sunday, August 9, 2015

Peace

Thunder claps through the sky
As I watch, the hours fly by.
Grey clouds bring forth the night
Not a glimpse of you in sight. 

Huge drops land on my windows,
Who crackle every time the wind blows. 
There's a storm brewing outside, 
And I'm here alone inside.

Are you out there braving the weather, 
Just so we could be together.
Are you home at peace in your bed,
While I'm out here scratching my head. 

Dark skies settle in as the day end,
The wind picks up and travels the land.
Will the rain wash away my longing for you?
Will I be at peace some day too?

The storm calms down, clouds fade away and the night appears,
The stars light up my emotions, my eyes fill up with tears.
It's a beautiful night outside of my windows, 
But I'm alone here where nobody knows. 
                                 MissAhdynn

No comments:

Post a Comment